KGBV Schools List In Telangana PDF

‘KGBV Schools List In Telangana’ PDF Quick download link is given at the bottom of this article. You can see the PDF demo, size of the PDF, page numbers, and direct download Free PDF of ‘KGBV Schools List In Telangana’ using the download button.

KGBV Schools List In Telangana PDF Free Download

KGBV Schools List In Telangana

The Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (KGBV) scheme was launched by the Government of India in August 2004 for setting up residential schools at the upper primary level for girls belonging predominantly to the SC, ST, OBC, and minorities in difficult areas.

KGBV is being implemented in educationally backward blocks (EBBs) of the country where female rural literacy is below the national average and the gender gap in literacy is above the national average.

The scheme provides for a minimum reservation of 75% of the seats for girls belonging to SC, ST, OBC, or minority communities and priority for the remaining 25%, is accorded to girls from families below the poverty line.

The objective of KGBV is to ensure access and quality education to the girls of disadvantaged groups of society by setting up residential schools at the upper primary level.

Scope of the scheme :

  • The scope of the scheme is the set up of schools in areas with :
    • The concentration of the tribal population,
    • With low female literacy and/or a large number of girls out of school;
    • The concentration of SC, OBC, and minority populations,
    • With low female literacy and/or a large number of girls out of school;
    • Areas with a large number of small, scattered habitations that do not qualify for a school;

Eligibility Criteria :

  1. Girls belonging to disadvantaged groups such as
    • SC,
    • ST,
    • OBC,
    • Minority and
    • Below Poverty Line (BPL) families.
  2. Girl students in the age group of 14 to 18 years.
  3. Girls living in areas with low female literacy
  4. Girls in difficult circumstances who are unable to complete primary education can be enrolled under exceptional cases

Coverage of KGBV Scheme :

The scheme is being implemented in 27 States/UTs namely:

  • Assam,
  • Andhra Pradesh,
  • Arunachal Pradesh,
  • Bihar,
  • Chhattisgarh,
  • Dadar & Nagar Haveli,
  • Delhi,
  • Gujarat,
  • Haryana,
  • Himachal Pradesh,
  • Jammu and Kashmir,
  • Jharkhand,
  • Karnataka,
  • Madhya Pradesh,
  • Maharashtra,
  • Manipur,
  • Meghalaya,
  • Mizoram,
  • Nagaland,
  • Orissa,
  • Punjab,
  • Rajasthan,
  • Tamil Nadu,
  • Tripura,
  • Uttar Pradesh,
  • Uttarakhand
  • West Bengal
  1. 3609 KGBVs were sanctioned by the Government of India in 460 districts as of 30th June 2014. Out of these,
    • 330 KGBVs are sanctioned in Scheduled Castes (SC) SFD districts
    • 508 in Scheduled Tribes (SC) SFD districts,
    • of which 329 and 508 are operational respectively.
  2. 544 KGBVs were sanctioned and operational in Muslim Concentration districts.
  3. 912 out of 913 KGBVs sanctioned were operational in 88 districts identified for the Integrated Action Plan for Selected Tribal and Backward Districts up to 30.6.2014.
Language English
No. of Pages3
PDF Size1 MB

Related PDFs

DEE Assam Merit List 2023 PDF

Personal Loan Documents List PDF

Gujarat MLA List PDF

Ladli Behna Yojana List PDF In Hinid

KGBV Schools List In Telangana PDF Free Download

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!