‘SSC CGL: Complete List Of One Word Substitution’ PDF Quick download link is given at the bottom of this article. You can see the PDF demo, size of the PDF, page numbers, and direct download Free PDF of ‘List Of One Word Substitution’ using the download button.
Important One Word Substitution List For SSC CHSL Exams PDF Free Download
One Word Substitution List
A judge’s private room, without the press or the public being present – In camera
A period of time in the past that was idyllically happy and peaceful – Halcyon
A tax or levy – Cess
An abbreviation formed from the initial letters of other words and pronounced as a word – Acronym
An ability to do several things at the same time – Multitasking
An ability to express oneself well in speech – Oracy
An ability to make good judgements and take quick decisions – Acumen
An ability to see what will or might happen in the – Foresight
An ability to stay calm in difficult or dangerous situations – Sangfroid
An ability to use one’s hands skillfully or an ability to think quickly and effectively – Dexterity
An ability, talent, or special skill needed to do something – Knack
Able to become strong, healthy, or successful again after something bad happens – Resilient
Able to do many different things – Versatile
Able to exist together without trouble or conflict going together well –
Acceptable according to the law, fair or reasonable – Valid
Accepting and closely following the traditional beliefs and customs of a
religion – Orthodox
An act of burying a dead person – Interment
An act of carefully watching someone or something especially in order to
prevent or detect a crime – Surveillance
An act of causing two people or groups to become friendly again after an
argument or disagreement – Reconciliation
An act of committing a serious crime such as murder or rape – Felony
An act of destroying or damaging something deliberately so that it does not
work correctly – Sabotage
An act of ending the employment of a worker or group of workers – Layoff
An act of explaining something – Exposition
An act of getting money back from people it has been paid to – Clawback
An act of going or travelling to a place along a way that is different from the
usual or planned way – Detour
An act of identifying a disease, illness, or problem by examining someone or
something – Diagnosis
An act of illegally copying someone’s product or invention without permission – Piracy
An act of no longer caring for, using, or doing something, failure to do one’s
job or duty – Dereliction
An act of officially charging someone with a crime – Indictment
An act of printing a statement about somebody that is not true and that gives
people a bad opinion of them – Libel
An act of punishing or harming somebody in return for what they have done to
you your family or friends – Vengeance
An act of remembering or telling about past experiences – Reminiscence
An act of returning something that was lost or stolen to its owner – Restitution
An act of sending someone to another person or place for treatment, help,
advice, etc. – Referral
An act of treating a holy place or object in a way that does not show proper
respect – Sacrilege
An act of trying to impress someone by saying the names of well-known people
that one knows or has met – Name-dropping
An act or fact of having a romantic or sexual relationship with someone other
than one’s husband, wife, or partner – Infidelity
An act or means of sealing off a place to prevent goods or people from entering
or leaving – Blockade
An act or remark that is calculated to gain an advantage – Gambit
An act that is part of a usually religious ceremony – Rite
An act, activity, or process of finding the way to get to a place when one is travelling in a ship, airplane, car – Navigation
An action of making amends for a wrong or injury – Atonement
An action of marrying a person of a superior caste or class – Hypergamy
- Anniversary – Yearly return of the date of an event.
- Annual- That which happens once in a year.
- Anomaly – Deviation or departure from common rule or standard or what is normal.
- Anonymous – A book or a work of art whose author is not known.
- Antagonist – One that opposes other.
- Antidote – A medicine to cure the effect of poison.
- Aphasia – Loss of ability to understand speech.
- Apostate – One who abandons his religious faith.
- Aquatic – Animals which live in water.
- Arbitrator/ Arbiter – Someone chosen to judge and decide a disputed issue.
- Aristocracy – A government by the nobles.
- Armistice – The cessation of warfare before a treaty is signed.
- Ascetic- One who practices self denial as a spiritual discipline.
- Someone in love with himself:- Narcissist
- One who collects coins as a hobby:- Numismatist
- Government by new or inexperienced hands:- Neocracy
- Government by the populace:- Ochlocracy
- A small group of people having control of a country or organization:- Oligarchy
- Government by the wealthy:- Plutocracy
- A temporary police force:- Posse
- A person who likes or admires women:- Philogynist
- A lover of mankind:- Philanthropist
- A person who speaks more than one language:- Polyglot
- One who lives in solitude:- Recluse
- Someone who walks in sleep:- Somnambulist
- A person who is indifferent to the pains and pleasures of life:- Stoic
- A large number of fish swimming together:- Shoal
- Government not connected with religious or spiritual matters:- Secular
- A strong and fast-moving stream of water or other liquid:- Torrent
- A political system based on the government of men by God:- Thearchy
- A scolding nagging bad-tempered woman:- Termagant
- A person who shows a great or excessive fondness for one’s wife:- Uxorious
- One who possesses outstanding technical ability in a particular art or field:- Virtuoso
|No. of Pages||40|
|PDF Size||21 MB|
1000 Verb Forms With Hindi Meaning
Important One Word Substitution For SSC Exams PDF Free Download