‘SSC CGL: Complete List Of One Word Substitution’ PDF Quick download link is given at the bottom of this article. You can see the PDF demo, size of the PDF, page numbers, and direct download Free PDF of ‘List Of One Word Substitution’ using the download button.
Important One Word Substitution List For SSC CHSL Exams PDF Free Download
One Word Substitution List
This article brings the most important 1500+ one-word substitution PDF for all competitive exams. More than 5 questions come from the word substitution section in your Bank, SSC, exam.
Never think that it is useful only from an exam point of view but helps in speaking English. Always prepare this topic for your government exam and improve your English vocabulary.
In present times people like to speak sentences in fewer words and in less time. That’s why your one-word replacement topic must be strong enough to speak fluently.
What is a word replacement?
Although mostly you must have heard about this word you should know about it in detail. Important One-Word Substitutions Sort your long sentence into one word. In simple lines, we can say that one-word substitution means shortening long lines into one word.
I hope you have understood properly. Although there are many areas on this topic, we give you some important areas where there are many sentences. let’s study. To make your exam easy and smart we have created a PDF file of One Word Substitution PDF with 1500+ important words.
Word substitution means changing a long sentence into one word. To become adept at one word replacement you need to practice the word regularly. One-word substitution questions come frequently in many national-level examinations like SBI PO, UPSC, CAPF, CDS, RRB, SSC, etc.
We have listed the most important words for all types of government jobs. Now the question is how to solve one-word replacement.
How to solve one-word replacement?
As you all know this subject is very important for all types of government jobs in India. There is a need to make better planning to prepare one-word substitution for government jobs.
These can be solved by identifying its ‘root word’ or root meaning and then identifying the prefix and suffix. Follow the one-word substitution tip below to remember it forever in your mind.
- Make brief notes of important word replacements
- Practice on a daily basis and add to your speaking
- Create notes by section and status
- Guess related words in your study.
- Anniversary – Yearly return of the date of an event.
- Annual- That which happens once in a year.
- Anomaly – Deviation or departure from a common rule or standard or what is normal.
- Anonymous – A book or a work of art whose author is not known.
- Antagonist – One that opposes other.
- Antidote – A medicine to cure the effect of poison.
- Aphasia – Loss of ability to understand speech.
- Apostate – One who abandons his religious faith.
- Aquatic – Animals which live in water.
- Arbitrator/ Arbiter – Someone chosen to judge and decide a disputed issue.
- Aristocracy – A government by the nobles.
- Armistice – The cessation of warfare before a treaty is signed.
- Ascetic- One who practices self denial as a spiritual discipline.
- Someone in love with himself:- Narcissist
- One who collects coins as a hobby:- Numismatist
- Government by new or inexperienced hands:- Neocracy
- Government by the populace:- Ochlocracy
- A small group of people having control of a country or organization:- Oligarchy
- Government by the wealthy:- Plutocracy
- A temporary police force:- Posse
- A person who likes or admires women:- Philogynist
- A lover of mankind:- Philanthropist
- A person who speaks more than one language:- Polyglot
- One who lives in solitude:- Recluse
- Someone who walks in sleep:- Somnambulist
- A person who is indifferent to the pains and pleasures of life:- Stoic
- A large number of fish swimming together:- Shoal
- Government not connected with religious or spiritual matters:- Secular
- A strong and fast-moving stream of water or other liquid:- Torrent
- A political system based on the government of men by God:- Thearchy
- A scolding nagging bad-tempered woman:- Termagant
- A person who shows a great or excessive fondness for one’s wife:- Uxorious
- One who possesses outstanding technical ability in a particular art or field:- Virtuoso
|No. of Pages||40|
|PDF Size||21 MB|
Important One Word Substitution For SSC Exams PDF Free Download