Vision IAS World History Notes Book PDF Free Download
Topic In World History
- Feudalism, Church, Change, Modern Era, Glorious Revolution
- American Revolution
- French Revolution and Rise of Napoleon
- Nationalism: Rise and Impact
- Unification of Germany and Italy
- Industrial Revolution
- Colonialism (Africa, Pacific, Central and West Asia, China) and Imperialism (Japan and US)
- World War 1 and Preceding Events
- Impact of World War 1 and League of Nations
- Events from 1919 -39
- World War 2 and its Impact
- Different Socio Economic System: Russia, India, China
- Italy: Rise of Mussolini and Fascist
- Germany and Rise of Hitler
- Nazism and Fascism
- Cold War
- Europe after 1945 and Decolonisation
- South Africa Apartheid
WORLD BEFORE 18TH CENTURY
Understanding of the events before 18th century is important to understand the later developments. The dawn of 18th Century was characterized by:
- End of Feudalism in England (Feudalism ended much later in rest of Europe).
- Increase in the number of towns and cities.
- Increase in trade.
- Transition to a money-based economy from land-based economy of Feudalism.
- Rise of Merchant classes and Absolute Monarchs (*England had Democracy and after the Glorious Revolution of 1688, there was supremacy of Parliament instead of Monarchy).
- Decline in power of the Catholic Church.
- Mercantile Capitalism.
- British-French rivalry at its zenith.
1.2. Why Feudalism developed?
Feudalism developed due to lack of a single central political authority in Western Europe as it had disintegrated into many small and big kingdoms. In such a system the local Lords became more powerful than the King and controlled the affairs of the society.
1.3. Features of Feudalism
The economy in the Feudal system was village based and the villages were self sufficient. There was a decline in towns as well as trade during this period. Land, not money, was the main source of power.
|No. of Pages||245|
|PDF Size||9 MB|
Vision IAS World History Book PDF
Only IAS World History PDF
Balyan World History Notes PDF
World History Notes Book PDF Free Download