‘ICPS SCHEME Application Form’ PDF Quick download link is given at the bottom of this article. You can see the PDF demo, size of the PDF, page numbers, and direct download Free PDF of ‘Integrated Child Protection Scheme (ICPS)’ using the download button.
Icps Scheme Apply Online PDF Free Download
Integrated Child Protection Scheme (ICPS)
The Integrated Child Protection Scheme (ICPS) is a centrally sponsored scheme aimed at building a protective environment for children in difficult circumstances, as well as other vulnerable children, through Government-Civil Society Partnership.
ICPS brings together multiple existing child protection schemes of the Ministry under one comprehensive umbrella and integrates additional interventions for protecting children and preventing harm.
ICPS, therefore, would institutionalize essential services and strengthen structures, enhance capacities at all levels, create a database and knowledge base for child protection services, strengthen child protection at family and community levels, and ensure appropriate inter-sectoral response at all levels.
The scheme would set up a child protection data management system to formulate and implement effective intervention strategies and monitor their outcomes.
Regular evaluation of the programs and structures would be conducted and course correction would be undertaken.
Formation of District Child Protection Unit
In order to ensure effective service delivery ICPS will be implemented by setting up State Child Protection Society (SCPS) and District Child Protection Units (DCPUs) as the fundamental units for implementation at State and District levels respectively.
State Adoption Resource Agency (SARA) shall function as a unit under the SCPS. The SCPS will be registered under the Societies Registration Act, of 1860 and function under the overall supervision and control of the department looking after child welfare/protection in the State/UT.
The Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) has already formulated and disseminated detailed guidelines along with the bye-laws for setting up these societies at the State level.
District Child Protection Unit (DCPU)
ICPS envisages setting up a District Child Protection Unit (DCPU) in each district as a fundamental unit for the implementation of the scheme.
Functions of the District Child Protection Unit (DCPU)
The DCPU shall coordinate and implement all child rights and protection activities at the district level. Specific functions of the DCPU shall be to:
- Contribute to the effective implementation of child protection legislation, schemes, and
achievement of child protection goals laid out in the National Plan of Action for Children. In doing so, the DCPU will follow national and state priorities, rules, and guidelines.
- Identify families at risk and children in need of care and protection through effective networking and linkages with the ICDS functionaries, Specialized Adoption Agencies (SAA), NGOs dealing with child protection issues, and local bodies, viz. PRIs and Urban Local Bodies, etc.,
- Ensure effective implementation of the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000 and its Amendment Act, 2006 at district/city levels by supporting the creation of adequate infrastructure, viz. setting up JJBs, CWCs, SJPUs in each district and homes in a cluster of districts as required.
- Ensure the setting up of District, Block, and Village level Child Protection Committees for
effective implementation of programs, as well as discharge of its functions
- Facilitate transfer of children at all levels for either restoration to their families or placing the child in long or short-term rehabilitation through sponsorship, kinship care, in-country adoption, foster care, inter-country adoption, and placement in institutions.
- Supervise and monitor all institutions/agencies providing residential facilities to children in the district.
- Train and build the capacity of all personnel (Government and Non-government) working under child protection system to provide effective services to children.
- Maintain a database of all children in institutional care and non-institutional care at the district level. This Data Management System will ultimately be uploaded onto a
comprehensive, integrated, live database for children in care and in need of care in the country- the ‘TrackChild’.
|No. of Pages
Icps Scheme Apply Online PDF Free Download