A To Z English Alphabet Chart with Pictures Book PDF Free Download
Details About Alphabet
Five of the letters in the English Alphabet are vowels: A, E, I, O, U.
• The remaining 21 letters are consonants: B, C, D, F, G, H, J, K, L, M, N, P, Q, R, S, T, V, X, Z, and usually W and Y.
Written English includes the digraphs: ch ci ck gh ng ph qu rh sc sh th ti wh wr zh. These are not considered separate letters of the alphabet
• Two letters, “A” and “I,” also constitute words.
Until fairly recently (until 1835), the 27th letter of the alphabet (right after “z”) was the ampersand (&).
• The English Alphabet is based on the Latin script, which is the basic set of letters common to the various alphabets originating from the classical Latin alphabet.
▪ The Old English alphabet letters were 29: ABCDEFGHIKLMN O P Q R S T VXYZ&7PPÐ Æ
• The Old English alphabet was recorded in the year 1011 by a monk named Byrhtfero and included the 24 letters of the Latin alphabet (including ampersand) and 5 additional English letters: Long S (1), Eth (D and 8), Thorn (p), Wynn (p) and Ash (F; later Æ and æ).
• With respect to Modern English, Old English did not include J, U, and W.
|PDF Size||1 MB|
ABCD English Alphabet with Pictures PDF Free Download