‘Kannada Syllabus For UPSC Main Examination‘ PDF Quick download link is given at the bottom of this article. You can see the PDF demo, size of the PDF, page numbers, and direct download Free PDF of ‘UPSC Mains Kannada Optional Syllabus’ using the download button.
UPSC Optional Kannada Literature Paper 1 And 2 Syllabus PDF Free Download
Official UPSC Optional Kannada Paper 1 And 2 Syllabus
(Answers must be written in Kannada)
A. History of Kannada Language
What is Language? General characteristics of Language. Dravidian Family of Languages and its specific features, Antiquity of Kannada Language Different Phases of its Development.
Dialects of Kannada Language : Regional and Social Various aspects of development of Kannada Language : phonological and Semantic changes. Language borrowing.
B. History of Kannada Literature
Ancient Kannada literature : Influence and Trends. Poets for study : Specified poets from Pampa to Ratnakara Varni are to be studied in the light of contents, form and expression : Pampa, Janna, Nagachandra.
Medieval Kannada literature : Influence and Trends.
Vachana literature : Basavanna, Akka Mahadevi.
Medieval Poets : Harihara, Ragha-vanka, Kumar-Vyasa.
Dasa literature : Purandra and Kanaka.
Sangataya : Ratnakaravarni
C. Modern Kannada literature:
Influence, trends and idealogies, Navodaya, Pragatishila, Navya, Dalita and Bandaya.
A. Poetics and literary criticism:
Definition and concepts of poetry : Word, Meaning, Alankara, Reeti, Rasa, Dhwani, Auchitya.
Interpretations of Rasa Sutra.
Modern Trends of literary criticism : Formalist, Historical, Marxist, Feminist, Post-colonial criticism.
B. Cultlural History of Karnataka
Contribution of Dynasties to the culture of Karnataka : Chalukyas of Badami and Kalyani, Rashtrakutas, Hoysalas, Vijayanagara rulers, in literary context.
Major religions of Karnataka and their cultural contributions.
Arts of Karnataka : Sculpture, Architecture, Painting, Music, Dance-in the literary context.
Unification of Karnataka and its impact on Kannada literature.
(Answers must be written in Kannada)
The paper will require first-hand reading of the Texts prescribed and will be designed to test the critical ability of the candidates.
A. OLD KANNADA LITERATURE
1. Vikramaarjuna Vijaya of Pampa (cantos 12 & 13), (Mysore University Pub.)
2. Vaddaraadhane (Sukumaraswamyia Kathe, Vidyutchorana Kathe)
B. Medieval Kannada Literature :
1. Vachana Kammata, Ed: K. Marulasiddappa K.R. Nagaraj (Bangalore University Pub.)
2. Janapriya Kanakasamputa, Ed. D. Javare Gowda (Kannada and Culture Directorate, Bangalore)
3. Nambiyannana Ragale, Ed., T.N. Sreekantaiah (Ta.Vem. Smaraka Grantha Male, Mysore)
4. Kumaravyasa Bharata : Karna Parva (Mysore University)
5. Bharatesha Vaibhava Sangraha Ed. Ta. Su. Shama Rao (Mysore University)
A. Modern Kannada Literature
1. Poetry : Hosagannada Kavite, Ed : G.H. Nayak (Kannada Saahitya Parishattu, Bangalore)
2. Novel : Bettada Jeeva-Shivarama Karanta Madhavi-Arupama Niranjana Odalaala-Devanuru Mahadeva
3. Short Story : Kannada Sanna Kathegalu, Ed. G.H. Nayak (Sahitya Academy, New Delhi).
4. Drama : Shudra Tapaswi-Kuvempu. Tughalak-Girish Karnad.
5. Vichara Saahitya : Devaru-A.N. Moorty Rao (Pub : D.V.K. Moorty, Mysore.)
B. Folk Literature :
1. Janapada Swaroopa-Dr. H.M. Nayak. (Ta. Vem. Smaraka Grantha Male, Mysore.)
2. Janapada Geetaanjali-Ed.D. Javare Gowda. (Pub : Sahitya Academy, New Delhi.)
3. Kannada Janapada Kathegalu-Ed. J.S. Paramashivaiah, (Mysore University.)
4. Beedi Makkalu Beledo. Ed. Kalegowda Nagavara (Pub : Bangalore University.)
5. Savirada Ogatugalu-Ed : S.G. Imrapura.
|No. of Pages||3|
|PDF Size||1 MB|
UPSC Optional Assamese Literature Paper 1 And 2 Syllabus PDF Free Download