Quiz On Gandhiji Book PDF Free Download
Quiz(MCQ) on Mahatma Gandhi with Answers
Q.40. What was the highest honor that Gandhiji expected from his friends or followers?
- (a) To promote the activities that he stood for.
- (b) To resist him to their utmost if they did not believe in his programme.
- (c) Both (a) and (b)
- (d) To propagate his philosophy.
Q.41. Gandhiji described himself as a ‘seeker after truth* and he claimed that:
- (a) He had found it.
- (b) He had found a way to it.
- (c) He was making a ceaseless effort to find it.
- (d) Both (b) and (c)
Q.42. Which of the following is not the observation of Gandhiji on fasting?
- (a) Physical capacity to undertake fast is a necessary qualification for it.
- (b) One should fast only as a last resort where all other avenues of redress have been explored and have failed.
- (c) Fasting is a spiritual act and is, therefore, addressed to God.
- (d) It is a powerful thing but a dangerous thing if handled amateurishly.
Q.43. Gandhiji made some observations about the non-violent way and his practice of it. Which of the following is not one such observation?
- (a) God has given me the power to guide the world on the path of non-violence.
- (b) God has chosen me as his instrument for presenting non-violence to India for dealing with her many ills.
- (c) I should… rise, even if I was alone, against the methods of actual violence.”
- (d) My non-violence does not admit of running away from danger and leaving dear ones unprotected. Between violence and cowardly flight, I can prefer violence to cowardice.
Q.44. Which of the following observations in respect of training for non-violence represents the viewpoint of Gandhiji?
- (a) Non-violence does not require any outward training.
- (b) Non-violence cannot be learnt by staying at home, it needs enterprise.
- (c) Both (a) and (b)
- (d) It is essential to learn violence before we can learn non-violence.
Q.72. Which of the following is inconsistent with the Gandhian economic thought?
- (a) Economic equality implies that everyone will have the same amount.
- (b) The real meaning of equality is “To each according to his needs.”
- (c) Accumulation by the state in a non-violent society is not only possible, it is desirable and inevitable.
- (d) Accumulation of capital by private persons is impossible except through violent means.
Q.73. Which of the following is inconsistent with the Gandhian Theory of Trusteeship?
- (a) An upper limit to income and a minimum decent living wage should be fixed. The difference between the two should be reasonable and variable from time to time so much so that the tendency would be towards obliteration of the differences.
- (b) It provides a means of transforming the present capitalist order of society into an equalitarian one.
- (c) It excludes legislative regulation of the ownership and use of wealth.
- (d) The character of production will be determined by social necessity.
Answer: Rabindranath Tagore
Answer: Leo Tolstoy
Answer: Porbandar, India – It is a coastal city in Gujarat, also known for being the birthplace of Sudama
Answer: Karamchand and Putlibai Gandhi
6. What did Gandhiji call freedom fighter Subhash Chandra Bose?
7. What is the significance of the Gandhi Memorial in Kanyakumari?
Answer: Gandhiji’s ashes were kept here before immersion in the sea on February 12, 1948
8. When was the Mahatma Gandhi Series of banknotes issued by the Reserve Bank of India?
9. Who is the author of Gandhiji’s favorite Bhajan ‘Vaishnava Jana to Tene Kahiye’?
Answer: Narsi Mehta – The bhajan speaks about the ideals of a Vaishnava Jana or a follower of Lord Vishnu
10. What was the civil disobedience movement where the British were asked to leave India called?
Answer: Quit India Movement
11. Who led the Salt Satyagraha Movement with Gandhi?
Answer: Sarojini Naidu
|No. of Pages||159|
|PDF Size||663 KB|
Alternative Link For more questions Download Here
Quiz On Gandhi Book PDF Free Download